Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia can have a devastating impact – not only for the patient but also for their family members.
For family members, caring for someone with Alzheimer’s disease at home can become overwhelming and often become no longer possible as the disease progresses. We understand both the emotional and physical challenges that come with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, and we’re here to help.
We’re dedicated to preserving the dignity and individuality of every resident, and we develop a care plan for each resident that focuses on his or her abilities, while addressing the obstacles associated with the disease process.
Our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Services include:
- Personalized care and attention by caregivers with specialized training in the needs of patients with dementia
- Understanding the patient’s past, including prior interests, hobbies, belief systems and family dynamics
- Activities that provide a multi-sensory experience for each resident
- Exercise and outings, based on the each resident’s interests and abilities
- Group activities and one-on-one interaction
- Help with personal hygiene and grooming
- Showering and bathing
- Assistance with eating and nutritional management
- Continence management
- Medication management
For more information about our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services, please contact us.