Limited outdoor visitations with residents can now be scheduled. Please call 802.863.6384.
Indoor visitations are still not permitted.
COVID-19 Compliance Center
Birchwood Terrace’s top priority is the health and well-being of our residents and employees. Over the last few months, working within the guidelines of the CDC, federal, state, and local governments, we’ve taken precautions to ensure the safety of everyone in our facility. Moving forward, we will continue to share our progress with you.
- Health screen of all staff members at the beginning of each shift
- Residents are screened throughout the day for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Employees and contracted service providers have been limited to essential personnel only
- Indoor visitations have been restricted with exceptions for end-of-life events
- Communal dining programs have been suspended
- Group activities have been suspended; room visits with 1:1 activities are offered as safe and appropriate
- All employees will wear at a minimum, a surgical grade face mask/covering
- Local and regional leadership are working closely with local, state, and federal agencies for the most up-to-date health advisory information and guidance
- New admissions are placed in an observational quarantine for 14 days with testing on the day prior to, or day of admission, day 3, day 7, day 10 and day13 status post admission
- Full PPE will be worn when providing direct care to any resident under observation or quarantine
- All dining meals served with disposable products for those patients being monitored under quarantine
We recognize the emotional toll COVID-19 may have on not only you, but your loved one. The physical and mental health of our residents is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we have taken proactive measures to ensure your loved one has comprehensive access to a healthcare provider.
- Licensed counselors are available via teleconferencing for resident counseling
- Counseling available to all staff members as-needed
- Telehealth services are provided by specialists when appropriate to minimize outside exposure
- An on-call physician is available 24/7
Resident involvement and activities are important; Birchwood Terrace is proud to ensure the psychosocial well-being of our community. Group activities and outings have been postponed, but we’re excited to continue to offer an enriching environment.
- Residents continue to receive calendars each month for seasonal reminders
- 1:1 activities are offered in a safe and healthy manner
- Teleconference visits are available through Skype, Zoom, and Facetime for families and friends
- We are communicating important COVID-19 updates with all residents
Any resident displaying symptoms or are suspected to have COVID-19 are placed on droplet precautions and maintained in isolation pending COVID test results. Birchwood submits weekly COVID-19 data to the CDC per CMS guidelines. Any information regarding confirmed cases, or suspected cluster of cases, will be shared with the residents and their families per current Vermont Department of Public Health and CMS guidelines. Employees with suspected or confirmed cases will be permitted to return to work in accordance with CDC return to work guidelines.
Recent Letter to Family and Friends:
July 10, 2020 Dear Residents, Families, and Friends of Birchwood Terrace, I hope this letter finds you healthy & safe! As we continue to navigate through life with COVID-19, we wish to remain transparent with you regarding our current situation. We are happy to announce that the facility became “COVID Free” as on May 28th, 2020. The facility has been without a newly identified case since April 22nd. After the last identified patient achieved symptom resolution, the facility completed an additional 14-day period (quarantine) with no additional symptoms were noted. As of June 1010, there have been no additional cases. We continue to work closely with the Vermont Department of Health, the CDC, and UVMMC to ensure we are adhering to the most up to date guidance as it relates to prevention and the management of this virus. Everyone is being vigilant with PPE usage and
- Transcript for the CDC Telebriefing Update on COVID-19 June 26, 2020
- HHS Announces New Organ Transplant Guidance June 25, 2020
- CDC Marks the End of the 2018 Ebola Outbreak in Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo June 25, 2020
- CDC updates, expands list of people at risk of severe COVID-19 illness June 25, 2020
- CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on COVID-19 June 25, 2020
Vermont's COVID-19 Recovery Resource Center:
All Letters to Family And Friends
Dear Residents, Families and Friends of Birchwood, Birchwood is excited for the opportunity to begin to allow outdoor visitations as noted in the Governor’s address on June 17, 2020. As mentioned previously, the Vermont Health Care Association and been working closely