Limited outdoor visitations with residents can now be scheduled. Please call 802.863.6384.
Indoor visitations are still not permitted.
COVID-19 Compliance Center
Birchwood Terrace’s top priority is the health and well-being of our residents and employees. Over the last few months, working within the guidelines of the CDC, federal, state, and local governments, we’ve taken precautions to ensure the safety of everyone in our facility. Moving forward, we will continue to share our progress with you.
- Health screen of all staff members at the beginning of each shift
- Residents are screened throughout the day for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Employees and contracted service providers have been limited to essential personnel only
- Indoor visitations have been restricted with exceptions for end-of-life events
- Communal dining programs have been suspended
- Group activities have been suspended; room visits with 1:1 activities are offered as safe and appropriate
- All employees will wear at a minimum, a surgical grade face mask/covering
- Local and regional leadership are working closely with local, state, and federal agencies for the most up-to-date health advisory information and guidance
- New admissions are placed in an observational quarantine for 14 days with testing on the day prior to, or day of admission, day 3, day 7, day 10 and day13 status post admission
- Full PPE will be worn when providing direct care to any resident under observation or quarantine
- All dining meals served with disposable products for those patients being monitored under quarantine
We recognize the emotional toll COVID-19 may have on not only you, but your loved one. The physical and mental health of our residents is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we have taken proactive measures to ensure your loved one has comprehensive access to a healthcare provider.
- Licensed counselors are available via teleconferencing for resident counseling
- Counseling available to all staff members as-needed
- Telehealth services are provided by specialists when appropriate to minimize outside exposure
- An on-call physician is available 24/7
Resident involvement and activities are important; Birchwood Terrace is proud to ensure the psychosocial well-being of our community. Group activities and outings have been postponed, but we’re excited to continue to offer an enriching environment.
- Residents continue to receive calendars each month for seasonal reminders
- 1:1 activities are offered in a safe and healthy manner
- Teleconference visits are available through Skype, Zoom, and Facetime for families and friends
- We are communicating important COVID-19 updates with all residents
Any resident displaying symptoms or are suspected to have COVID-19 are placed on droplet precautions and maintained in isolation pending COVID test results. Birchwood submits weekly COVID-19 data to the CDC per CMS guidelines. Any information regarding confirmed cases, or suspected cluster of cases, will be shared with the residents and their families per current Vermont Department of Public Health and CMS guidelines. Employees with suspected or confirmed cases will be permitted to return to work in accordance with CDC return to work guidelines.
- The Hidden U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic: Orphaned Children – More than 140,000 U.S. Children Lost a Primary or Secondary Caregiver Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic October 7, 2021
- CDC Completes Sixty-Day Assessment of Order under 42 U.S.C. 265 October 2, 2021
- Youth E-Cigarette Use Remains Serious Public Health Concern Amid COVID-19 Pandemic September 30, 2021
- CDC Statement on Pregnancy Health Advisory September 29, 2021
- Studies Show More COVID-19 Cases in Areas Without School Masking Policies September 24, 2021