Our rehabilitation therapists are committed to helping each patient and resident achieve positive outcomes, regain function and safely return home as quickly as their recovery allows. We provide treatment specifically tailored to our residents’ needs and capabilities. Personalized treatment begins at admission with a rehabilitation therapy screening that takes into consideration each residents’ medical condition and their ability to undertake rehabilitation therapy.
Program Features and Benefits
Our rehabilitation therapy program is designed to produce positive outcomes, including but not limited to:
- Improved mobility
- Improved ability to do self-care tasks
- The ability to cope with the disease process
- Tools to prevent further complications
- Managing pain
- Providing hope and encouragement
- Gait and functional training
- Muscle re-education
- Range of motion therapies
- Modalities for pain management
- Post-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation
- Balance and falls prevention
Types of Rehabilitation Therapy
- Physical Therapy: Probably the most commonly known form of rehabilitation therapy, physical therapy is the treatment of disease or disability through therapy and exercise. Our programs include assistance with gait training, bed mobility, wound care, restraint reduction and wheelchair positioning.
- Occupational Therapy: Occupational therapy is designed to help patients regain skills related to activities of daily living. Individuals may require this therapy if, as the result of an illness or injury, they have difficulty completing tasks such as eating, dressing, housekeeping or grooming.
- Speech-Language Pathology: Speech-language therapists work with patients to help them regain or strengthen their ability to speak with ease and clarity. Our speech therapists utilize the latest technology and clinical processes to help patients regain the ability to communicate and improve swallowing.